Crucifies my enemies....

quinta-feira, setembro 02, 2004

Para começar bem Setembro

Uma boa noticia....

Jacque confirms Moriwaki ride at Motegi



Olivier Jacque has confirmed that he will take part in the Camel Grand Prix of Japan at Motegi in just over two weeks’ time. The former 250cc World Champion will ride the Moriwaki MD211VF after a successful two-day test at Brno last week.

“I hadn’t ridden a race bike at a circuit since November 2003 and I really enjoyed myself,” commented Jacque, who has spent the season in charge of his own team in the 125cc French Championship after being released by Yamaha at the end of last year.

“Initially I took part in the test because of my friendship with the team, who are really nice people, but after 70 laps my feeling was very positive. It is really interesting to share my experience with such a highly-motivated team and it was a really constructive exchange. The times just dropped off from the morning to the afternoon.”

Jacque set a best lap of 2’01.851 at Brno, almost a second quicker than regular rider Andrew Pitt had managed during the Gauloises Grand Prix Ceske Republiky.

“The team asked me to race in Japan to continue working on development of the MD211VF. It’s an interesting project for me because I have never worked on the development of a prototype machine before. Even though we are not competing for a top result, the chance to develop a completely new race bike is an exciting experience.

“I am really happy to be returning to MotoGP. I have been busy over the last few months looking after my own junior team, Team OJ, and I have taken part in a few car races, but I missed the Grand Prix paddock and I’m looking forward to being back.”

Moriwaki confirmed their decision to take part at Motegi with a place rented out by WCM. The team will therefore be known as Moriwaki WCM, just as they were in the opening race of last season at Suzuka. It will be the team’s fourth Grand Prix this season after wildcard appearances at Mugello, Catalunya and Brno, with further participation planned for Malaysia and Australia.


2 comentários:

Anónimo disse...

E o Valentino Rossi voltou a ganhar em Portugal!

Luke disse...

e eu quero é que o Valentino vá.....
Humm, blog decente....